When it comes to the health and safety of your employees, you should want to make sure that they’re in tip-top shape. Because if they aren’t, your employees and your business could be in some serious trouble. If you’re looking to get a CDL for your employees in Alexandria, make sure you also look into their required physicals. At Rapides Urgent Care, we’re ready to help you take charge of your business and keep everyone safe.
What Is A CDL?
Everyone has their preferences when it comes to their personal vehicle. Some drivers prefer a compact sedan while others prefer the power and strength of a truck. But while both of those cars can be driven by nearly anyone, a large commercial vehicle cannot. This hefty piece of machinery requires a fine touch and a wealth of knowledge to operate safely. So instead of getting a simple driver’s license, you’re most likely going to need a CDL, better known as a commercial driver’s license.
What is DOT?
While many people use CDL and DOT interchangeably for these physicals, they’re actually not that interchangeable. DOT actually means the “Department of Transportation,” and these professionals are the ones to require the exam. The purpose of DOT exams is pretty self-explanatory, however. Patients undergo them in order to obtain or maintain a commercial driver’s license and to ensure nothing will impede their driving ability.
What To Expect During A Physical
CDL physicals are like many physical exams! Our professionals will go through numerous fields to ensure that your driving isn’t impacted by any issues and that you are healthy overall. Some things our professionals will take a look at include:
- Blood Pressure/Pulse Rate
- Physical Examination
Each of these has its own purpose and breaks down into smaller items that we test for. Discover more about the CDL physicals we offer and how we can help your business thrive.
How Else Can Rapides Urgent Care Help You?
Of course, CDL physicals aren’t the only way we do our part. In fact, we have a whole list of services that we only offer employers who are looking for an affordable healthcare alternative. Grab a look for yourself!
- eScreen Services. Don’t drive across town for negative results. You could have results in your hands within 15 minutes!
- Drug and Alcohol Tests. Being under the influence could seriously impact an employee’s work, causing production and safety issues. Get definitive results with a drug and alcohol screening.
- Injury Treatment. If an injury doesn’t heal right, an employee could be permanently impacted, and their work and safety could suffer. Stay safe with a professional evaluation.
- Immunization Programs/ TB Testing. You’d be surprised how easy it is to catch viruses or even something like tuberculosis. Avoid the panic—get vaccinated and tested today.
Are you interested in providing a helpful healthcare alternative for your employees? Contact Rapides Urgent Care for more information.
CDL Physicals: When Will You Get Yours?
Are you ready to make a change for your business? Get in touch with Rapides Urgent Care and see how we can help you and your employees complete their CDL physicals in Alexandria or Pineville.